Decentralized system for passenger check-in and boarding
Designed for handling passenger check-in and boarding from a local system, ON BOARD LDCS is aimed at airlines that do not have a DCS or that are still using manual procedures (low-cost, charters, etc.).
The system secures and accelerates these operations, while ensuring better service to passengers. Furthermore, it manages all 2D boarding document formats (fully compatible with the IATA standard), whatever the media used (boarding pass, mobile phone, self-printed documents, etc.).
The seasonal scheduling of flights
ON BOARD LDCS enables scheduling of flights in a seasonal form. These flights are defined by a certain number of criteria, such as the name of the airline, the flight number, the aircraft type, the stopover period, etc. It is possible to work simultaneously on several seasons. To facilitate input, reference lists are proposed to the user (IATA codes, aircraft types, seat configurations, etc.).
ON BOARD LDCS can also define different parameters for each airline, such as the baggage tag layout, the average weight of passengers, the rules for calculating excess baggage, etc.
When a new airline begins operating at the airport, ON BOARD LDCS can be used for seat mapping, based on the configuration of the aircraft cabin. The cabin maps of the fleet are then drawn using an intuitive and user-friendly graphical interface (copy/paste, move, enlarge, etc.).
At this stage, it is possible to define the zones inside the aircraft that will be used during check-in for calculating the weight per zone.
Data availability and security of the system
Access to data is facilitated by a print module accessible from the administration tool. The reports are fully configurable.
The ON BOARD LDCS solution complies with the airlines’ security and confidentiality requirements. Agents have access only to the reference data associated with the specific flights they are authorised to process.
ON BOARD LDCS extracts the flights for the day, which have been entered in the seasonal schedule. Then the flight will be processed in several steps:
- Automatic integration of passenger lists (PNL/ADL) from airlines, by all means available (SITATEX and TELEX addresses, email, etc.). It is also possible enter passengers directly during check-in.
- Passenger check-in from a standard workstation of the CREWS type, with printing of 2D IATA boarding passes and baggage tags (TAG). Advanced functions enabling fine management of passengers and baggage are available. For example, ON BOARD LDCS enables direct access to the passenger’s file whatever his/her flight, amongst those in the process of check-in (sharing of the baggage drop-off counter made easier).
- The assignment of seats (seat mapping) during check-in is done by direct entry or by graphical choice in the cabin plan. It is also possible to not assign seats (free seating). ON BOARD LDCS can also manage passengers with connecting flights, by specifying the final destination on the baggage tags.
- Boarding makes use of a user-friendly graphical application. It can be opened even if check-in is not finished. It is done smoothly and quickly by automatically reading the 2D boarding pass issued by ON BOARD LDCS. The list of boarded passengers is updated in real time. For each missing passenger, the application specifies his/her checked-in baggage, thus enabling rapid action at the end of boarding if the baggage has to be unloaded (complete integration with BAGERA, RESA’s BRS).
ON BOARD also offers optional check-in modules:
- on RESA self-service terminals: ON BOARD CUSS. This application enable passengers to check in and print their boarding pass. They can then go directly to the baggage counter (or the boarding gate if they do not have any baggage).
A communicating system
The system manages IATA messages. It receives the list of passengers (PNL/ADL) and, in return, sends the flight monitoring messages to the airlines or external systems (MVT, BSM, SOM, PTM, PFS, ETL, etc.). They can be read after the flight is closed, for post-exploitation of data.
ON BOARD LDCS also includes modules for generating and sending APIS (Advance Passenger Information System) files. These files are required by various governments (United States, United Kingdom, etc.).
As a consulting company, we offer outstanding solutions, operational management, and consultancy services to airlines, airports, and ground handlers in big, middle, or small-sized.
DCS.aero is a comprehensive sales and marketing platform in the aviation industry. It aims to help research teams and individuals find the appropriate solutions for their company by connecting them to different trusted vendors around the world. As a comprehensive platform, DCS.aero works around various operational software and hardware services in the industry used by airlines, airports, and ground handling companies regardless of their size.
All Rights Reserved / 2022